Description of getting started with the Hubspot Connector
To connect the integration between HubSpot and Younium, you need to be a admin user in both systems. The setup is done once and does not need to be repeated by each user.
We typically recommend new users to test the connector via Younium and Hubspot Sandbox environments. The Younium - Hubspot connector is avaible in Youniums Sandbox aswell as in production. The way to set them up is the same. For access to a Younium Sandbox conntact your Younium representative, for Hubspot,read more on Hubspot.com
Connect the Younium App with HubSpot
If you have a previous version of the Hubspot connector you need to re-synch the Properties under Settings--> Enabled integrations--> Hubspot--> Press the Export Younum properties button.
If this is the first time you are setting up the integration follow the steps below:
- In Younium go to “Settings”—> “Enabled integrations”—> HubSpot —> “Get Started”—> “Connect”.
- You get prompted to log in to your HubSpot account, If you have access to multiple environments with the same email you can select the specific one you want to connect.
- Then export the Younium properties to HubSpot and the fields that the integration needs will be created in HubSpot. Press the "Synchronize Younium properties to HubSpot” option.
Now the first steps of connecting Younium and HubSpot are done. The following steps will guide you to:
- Export the HubSpot Product ID and paste that ID on the Product properties in Younium.
- Enable and show all fields that Younium uses in HubSpot Company & Deal view.
Upon connecting Younium and HubSpot , the Younium app will have created fields that need input data (you can see these fields under field mapping) That data will then be synched from HubSpot into Younium.
Products in Younium and Hubspot
The Hubspot - Younium connector works with two different product structures:
- Flat product structure, example: one price per product and price period
- Quantity product structure, the total price is given by the quantity of the product and price period (a flat product structure is the same as Quantity product structure where the quantity is set to 1).
Pls note that Quantity from Hubspot will only be synched over to Younium if the product in Younium is a Quantity product.
Setting up the products - How to find Hubspot Record ID
First step is to either create a new product that you want to use in HubSpot or select an existing product in HubSpot and get that Product ID and paste to the matching Younium Product.
- Open the HubSpot Settings tab via the cog wheel—> Data management—> Products—> Select the products you want to synch—> press Export to XLSX.
- Open the XLSH sheet—> copy the Record ID
- Open Younium—> Settings—> Integrations—> Settings—> Edit—> enable “Show External CRM ID”
- Open Younium—> Product—> Select the product you want to match against—> Edit properties and paste the HubSpot Record ID to the “External CRM ID” field—> press save
The reason why we use the HubSpot Record ID as the identifier to connect the products is that ID then becomes a one-to-many connection between several Younium Legal Entities. Meaning you can use the same HubSpot product but select which Legal Entity it should match against.
Set up the same HubSpot product in more than one Legal Entity in Younium
If you have several Legal Entities and are selling the same HubSpot product in more than one of them, follow the steps above in your first Legal Entity, and in the next Legal Entity use the same External CRM ID in your products.
Connect more Legal Entities to HubSpot
If you have several Younium legal entities you can connect them to your HubSpot environment and use the “Younium Legal entity” setting on Company and Deal to select which Legal entity to push your products to. But before you can do that you need to enable the Legal entities in HubSpot :
- Open HubSpot settings—> Data management—> Company properties—> Search and open Younium Legal entity—> Edit property and add an Option—> Label—> set your Legal entity name—> Internal value, Copy the IDs that are set by the initial synch of properties from Younium, paste that in a note pad
- You will see a value that looks like this:
That’s the Legal Entity ID & Tenant ID from Younium. To be able to redirect the sync from the first Legal Entity you need to exchange the Legal Entity ID and keep the Tenant ID.
To get the new Legal entity ID—> Open Younium—> Reports—> New report —> Choose base data set—> select legal entity—> Select fields: ID + name, mark and copy the legal entity ID that you want to use.
Go to your note pad and exchange the former legal entity ID with the new one, it will then look like this:
You will keep the Tenant ID but have the new legal entity ID in place. Now open HubSpot again and ad that ID to the field “Internal value” in the Legal entity property setting.
This step has to be repeated for the Deal:
- HubSpot —> Settings—> Data management—> Deal properties—> Younium legal entity—> Edit property—> Add an option—> paste the Legal entity ID, Tenant ID from the steps above.
Once the above steps have been done, you can select which legal entity in Younium you want to create your order from HubSpot in via the drop down menu.
Enable fields under Company in HubSpot
To get the synch to work a Younium legal entity must be set under the “About this company” Card in HubSpot. Open any company and take the following steps:
- Press the “View all properties button” in the bottom of the “About this company” card
- In the search field “All properties” search for “Younium legal entity” and add it to your view.
Enable fields under Deals in HubSpot
There is some deal data that is needed by Younium to be able to create a Younium order. That data is set under Deals In HubSpot. When setting up the connection between the two apps please make the following fields visible.
Press the settings cog wheel in HubSpot —>Settings—> Data Management—> Deals—> Record Customization—> Choose properties for default sidebar—> Edit.
Now search for the following fields and add the to the view.
- Younium legal entity
- Younium order initial term
- Younium renewal term
- Younium Auto renewal
- Younium order effective start date
- Close date (Standard Hubspot field)
Press “Save” when done.
Now you’re ready to create your first order in Younium via HubSpot!
Custom fields in Younium synched to Hubspot
Its also possible to create custom fields in Younium that you sync over to Hubspot. To see how that is done please read more Hubspot fields setup.