Customer use case description
Split order is basically what it sounds like, If you have active order with more then one product you can split that order into two orders. Both of the orders will be treated as separate orders with all the properties that a order needs.
The use case for this feature is if your product structure is set up with multiple products and when renewing or changing the order you can create a new order from the old order by transferring some of your product to that order. When a product is split and transferred it will get a end date on the old order and a new start date on the new order.
How to use it
Split order needs to be activated under settings>> Orders>> Order settings>> Enable Split order: Yes
Open the order you want to split and on the product card select the products you want to split. Press the three dots in the right corner and select Split order.
When Split order is selected a new screen is opened with details about the split.
The products showed on the screen will make up the new order.
Split order details and restrictions
- Once you press Confirm a new order will be created.
- Description from old order is copied to the new order and the wording (split) is added to show its a split.
- If the old order have a credit charge on, the credit is kept to balance debit invoice. If the order have a credit charge the first available split date will be after the credit end date.
- Order discounts are kept with original dates, only the discounts that applies to a split charge will be transferred to the new order.
- Its possible to split cancelled products, its also possible to leave only cancelled products on a order.
- Its not possible to split usage products or products with active milestones
Revert a split order
- If you accidentally split a order its possible to delete the new order and revert the previous change on the old order to restore the order to the state it was before it was split.