What is stock products and what is it used for?
Stock products is the product category normally used for physical goods. The use case is if your service also sell some kind of physical goods needed to deliver your service. A example could be a screen or a terminal.
They should be treated as one-offs and using stock product on the product cateogery means Younium also support partial delivery. The example is if a customer ordered 100 units and is supposed to pay in arrears. You can then deliver a subset of units and invoice that amount.
- Go to Settings --> Products --> Products categories. Add a new feature and set Is stock product to YES
Create stock product
- Go to Products --> Create Product and select the newly created category. The type doesn't matter but only One-offs are partial-delivered. So at least one charge should be one-off. A default quantity can be set but it is not required
Create an order with Stock products
- Create order and add the product. The Ordered quantity will per default be set to the default quantity of the product, but it can be changed. The Remaining Quantity is read only and equals to Ordered quantity
- The charge will not create any invoice lines and it is changeable in a Change order, until the user makes a Delivery. Then all fields of the charge that affects the contract are locked in a Change order. (Name, Custom fields, remarks are still editable)
Deliver a stock product
- Open the order with the product charge you have delivered and now want to invoice
- Select the charge and on the three dot menu -> Delivery
- The user can either deliver the whole order by accepting the default Quantity and then the charge will be closed
- The user can also decrease the quantity to make a Partial delivery, another charge will be created automatically with the remaining quantity.
- If the user makes a Partial delivery and checks the box Close charges after this delivery then the user will get a confirmation dialog: By closing the charge you will not be able to register additional deliveries. Continue? If the user accepts that the charge is closed.
Invoice delivered stock products
Once a stock product is delivered it can be invoiced as other products. Select a target date that will catch your billing period and create a invoice as normal.
See this video that shows in depth how its done: