A guide to adding a financial dimension
Example: adding a Cost Center
1. Go to the heading Settings
2. Select General
3. Select Custom field lists
4. Click ADD LIST and add a name, for example "Cost Center List." Save the new list by clicking on the save symbol to the left
5. Add your cost centers by clicking on your list, and then ADD VALUE TO LIST - fill in Value and Key - press the save symbol
6. Now select Custom Fields in General Settings, above Custom Field Lists - Click ADD CUSTOM FIELD
7. Add the custom fields one by one in the entity.
7a. Use the same name and description on each.
7b. Add name without space.
7c. The description is what will be shown in Younium.
7d. Make sure to add the Custom field list that you named in stage 4 under List, so for our example; Cost Center List.
7e. Add the custom field for these entities:
- charge (the charge on product level, will allow you to set a standard financial dimension on a product charge
- orderproductcharge (this will allow to alter the financial dimension on the individual charge on an order)
- order (optional: this will allow to set the financial dimension on the order level instead of charge level, making the dimension apply to all the charges on an order instead of each charge individually).
- invoice (this will allow you to apply a dimension to a whole invoice, overriding all previous dimensions selected)
- invoice line (this will allow you to apply a dimension to a line on an invoice, overriding the previous dimension selected for that charge)
It should look like this in the Custom Fields list:
8. Stay at the heading Settings but select Financial in the column to the right - Select Financial dimensions
9. Click ADD FINANCIAL DIMENSION
10. Fill in the fields to match the example below, finish by clicking Create:
It will now look like this in Financial Dimensions:
In Custom Fields, there is now a new field with the name
"dimensionCostCenter" - which is where the dimension gets postings from invoices
Example of an Invoice Journal where Cost Center has been added as a column:
A product with Cost Center as a field:
A charge on an order with a Cost Center field: