This is a best-practice guide to handle indexes and price adjustments. The best way to do this is:
1. See the Custom Field & Custom Field Lists guide, and follow it to create:
a. A Custom Field List named "Indexes" with all indexes
b. Custom Fields
The entity on the custom fields should be "order"
- A Custom Field with field type List and "Indexes" as the list, with the description "Index" - this is to have a field for the index that the order has
- A Custom Field with field type Checkbox and description "Index Price Adjustment" - this is to have a checkbox to check if the order will be price adjusted by index
- A Custom Field with field type Date and description "Next Price Adjustment" - this is to have a date saying when to adjust the price according to the index
2. When creating an order that has index price adjustment, make sure to populate the custom fields, they will be at the bottom of the order head
3. When it is time to adjust prices, go to the header Orders, then press the three dots and then Price Adjustment
Example: on 2020-01-01, adjust all orders with index 2 and the next price adjustment from 2019-12-01 by 3%
In the preview, we can see that we have one order that these conditions apply for. It shows that the order has a CMRR of 1000, but will be updated to 1030 after the adjustment.
To make this adjustment, press APPLY PRICE ADJUSTMENT
This will create a new order version and booking for the orders it applies to.