In Younium there are two different types of subscription orders:
- Evergreen: The order has no end date, it is perpetual until further notice
- Termed: The order has a specific end date, along with a renewal period and a notice period
Choosing "Termed" under Subscription Type in the order header will allow for a couple of important variables:
- Effective Start Date: Exists for any order, the date when the order actually takes effect.
- Effective End Date: Is determined by the Initial Term.
- Initial Term: The length in the number of months of the initial order, dictates what date the order will end.
- Renewal Term: Whenever the order ends, this is the number of months from the effective end date that the order will be extended if renewed.
- Notice Period: This is how many months in advance the account has to inform if they want to cancel the order. If the order is not canceled before the notice period date, the order can/will be renewed on this date. The subscription will be extended from the effective end date with the number of months in the renewal term.
- Notice Period Date: The date the order will be renewed if not canceled.
- Auto-Renewal: If this box is checked, the order will be automatically renewed on the notice period date. If not checked, the order will have to be manually renewed.
Note that your metrics are affected by your order's terms. Read more about how this affects your metrics.
In your Insights, you have a dashboard called Renewals where you can see the status of all your termed subscriptions.