Measurements are similar to usage, but have some distinctly different features:
- For a measured charge, the latest measured quantity imported will be billed.
- The measurement is not "used up" but remains after it has been billed and will also be billed the next period unless a new measurement is imported
- Measured charges can be billed in advance according to the latest imported/updated quantity
Bob's Business has an order of an application measured according to the number of users, 1000 SEK per user, billed monthly in advance.
To import measurements, go to Measurements, press Import Measurements, and then Select File (choosing your measurement CSV file).
In this example, we import the initial number of users at the start of the order period, 2020-05-01
We are mapping to the Charge Number, with the following standard fields for measurements:
- Quantity - the measured value
- Tag - the unit of measure
- Date - the date of this measurement update
When you have imported the measurement, you can see in the box to the right in your order that it is updated.
When we send an invoice for the first month of service, with target date 2020-05-01 and invoice date 2020-05-01, you can see that the measured quantity is 5:
Let's send an invoice for 2020-06-01 to 2020-06-31:
As you can see, the last measurement will be used again.
However, if we import a new measurement, let's say 8 in quantity in mid-June, the order will get the updated measurement and the July invoice will reflect this: